Windows 8.1 pro (student) the same as a retail version of Windows?

Joninho

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
I'm a student and I've just found out about the offers that are available to me. I'm about to buy Windows 8.1 pro student from the microsoft website for £49.99 but I don't know whether it's the same as buying it from a shop or whatever, it seems too good to be true. So is it the full version with no restrictions? because I mainly use my pc for gaming. Thanks :D

Solution

Once upgraded from 7, yes, it is the regular thing.

internalmemory

Honorable
Apr 5, 2014
If you speak with various Microsoft representatives, they say you can also use this as not an upgrade but as a system builder also via downloading it and during the Assistant/upgrade there is an option that allows you to transfer the OS to a media drive (flash drive) or to burn it as a full OS on a computer without an OS.

Meayen

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014

Yes, the student copies are exactly the same as the full price copies they make the software available to students for a cheaper price.

starf1

Reputable
Jul 22, 2015
I have student version. The difference I found so for is [1] you cannot create multiple user account [2] some where I saw raid mirroring (raid 1) cannot be done with this version. Yet to check.

And may be more!