Windows 8.1 problems

kaushik37

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
I am currently using Windows 8.1. I was a bit interested to test the latest Windows 10 Technical Preview after downloading the free OS from Microsoft Store. But, then during the installation, I thought that it would be a waste of time to install it on my PC. Again I have to reboot the PC, again I have to reinstall the Windows 8.1 removing Windows 10 after examining it, again I have to install applications for Windows 8.1. So, I decided to stop the ongoing installation process. During stoppage, Windows 10 shows that 'Cleaning up the system files before finishing'. Does it mean that Windows 8.1 has been corrupted? I do not feel any issues though till now. Would it affect any applications installed and performances in Windows 8.1?
Please note that I have tried to install Windows 10 keeping the Windows 8.1 turned on, without rebooting the PC.

Solution
It may affect the files - maybe run startup repair to double check each file, also run sfc from the command line using "sfc /scannow". It depends on how far the installer got - I think it rolls back changes but it's always good to double check
It may affect the files - maybe run startup repair to double check each file, also run sfc from the command line using "sfc /scannow". It depends on how far the installer got - I think it rolls back changes but it's always good to double check

Solution

TRENDING THREADS