Windows 8.1 - Proxy issues

asilva05

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
Hello everyone!

I'm having this problem that's giving me huge headaches for atleast 3 days now.
Here at my office, we use around 10 computers for our coworkers. We're all connected to a server and everyone logs in using a user name and password to get connected to the server, Internet, shared folders on the work group, etc. When we have a new machine or user, we need to set a proxy configuration in order for it to work. It has always worked fine up to Windows 7.

So we bought a new computer this week (with Windows 8.1), which I'm using right now to type this post. I can access to the internet with any server user, except some times IE shows up a blank page saying it's impossible to access the Internet.

I can't get any program or Windows app to connect to the Internet. I can't configure, for example, Outlook, Word, Windows 8.1 Mail Application.

Sometimes, when I check my conectivity status on that side bar, it asks me for proxy log-ins. None of them work, even the admin one.

I have tried several solutions I've found through the Internet, none of them had success.

Credential Manager, several ways of configuring the proxy, I've tried a lot of stuff... Not lucky though! :(

Would be really grateful if someone could help me out on this one, it's really grinding my gears and 1 person can't work because of this :(

Thank you in advance!

Solution
Try to contact your IT support for this first, there might be some proxy settings to configure first on your new PC and to the server and your IT team only knew this infos.

noriel

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Try to contact your IT support for this first, there might be some proxy settings to configure first on your new PC and to the server and your IT team only knew this infos.

Solution

asilva05

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015

Hi noriel, I guess I will have to do that. It's just too weird this is only happening with this computer in specific :( Thanks for the response!