Windows 8.1 Randomly Restarts -No BSOD

Spikey238

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
Hello. I built this computer in late June of 2013 and since that time I have had problems with my computer randomly restarting. This always occurs when it is under load such as when I am playing a game like Warframe or Assassins Creed III. The computer will just randomly restart at weird time intervals but usually within 5 minutes. I think this might be a psu problem but I am not sure. It could also be a graphics card problem or even a motherboard problem. I also have a Bitfenix Prodigy which has a dedicated board for the power switch so maybe there is something wrong with that. However, I stress tested the gpu and psu using OCCT without any errors, restarts, or problems. I also reloaded my computer. I am not sure what is wrong or what I should do; please help.

Specs:
Windows 8.1 64 bit with Windows Media Center
Galaxy Gtx 770 2gb
Lepa G750-MAS PSU (750 watt)
Z87e-itx motherboard

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/LlsS3EtkkNNcam1LjIJJiSK

Solution
sounds like a problem with the psu. a total lack of customer reviews for that psu also lends me to think that it could be problematic.

this is why we only buy well known psus with many reviews and customer experiences ;)

Spikey238

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013

I agree with the statement about buying well known psus. Unfortunately, at the time I bought it, it was to replace a Corsair G700 2013 edition that I noticed was immediately defective. This Corsair psu had a lot of reviews, but it actually failed in the end. The Lepa psu suited my needs at the time for the small case size. I had contacted Lepa a week ago to rma this psu, but they never responded to me. What should I do now? And is the problem truly the psu?

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
cant be 100 percent certain without testing. im just leaning that way.

if you can get your hands on another psu, possibly a friends, you could test. just have them bring their whole system over and run the lines from in his system into yours. dont even have to remove his psu.

Spikey238

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013

I do have another psu available to me; I will try this solution out and report back. Usually it only takes a little while for the problem to surface.

I tried another psu and, yes, the problem was the psu. Time to rma.....