Windows 8.1 stuck on update

Omiacha

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
hi I have windows 8.1 and it's been stuck trying to update for hours. The message that the screen is stuck on says "working on updates 86% complete don't turn off your computer" it has been on that screen for hours occasionally it will restart its self but soon as it reboots it's instantly on that screen again ...I have also tried a hard reboot hoping to maybe get in through safe mode but I am never given that option it instantly goes to this screen. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might can resolve this issue thanks.

Omiacha

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014
Unfortunately, I can't get into windows to do anything like that. I have no way of by passing the endless updating loop. When I restart my computer it instantly goes to the updating screen again giving me no options to get into windows.

Omiacha

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014

Unfortunately I have tried that too. I have a ssd that boots instantly so the shift + F8 command that works in slower computers does not work on this computer.

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
too many times to count lol, i have a windows that runs from a ram drive of a disk, i fix most my mistakes with that, but always have to the cd as a first boot priority, dosnt really bother me cause my pc runs 24 7 unless some idiot knocks out the power.

Omiacha

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014

I can enter uefi just fine by pressing f2 I just can't get into safe mode from there...is there a way to get in from there? I changed the boot time from 1 second to 10 so now there is plenty of time but still f8 does nothing and I can't find anything in the uefi that seems to indicate a way to get into safe mode.