Windows 8.1 suddenly loses video signal

FreezIn69

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
I have this really annoying problem which suddenly loses my HDMI signal. Graphics card is fine with up to date drivers and clean install of 8.1. It happens to all my games and tried using another HDMI cable but no dice. Hooked up to a 50 inch 1920x1080 smart tv

Solution
No other monitors connected? Most likely it's just crashing all the time, which might be an issue with the graphics card. Try clean installing the drivers again, then using a graphics card monitoring/logging program and make a log of the GPU and CPU temperatures, use, and voltages.

You can also try running just integrated graphics for a bit, and see if that helps. If it does, it's most likely a GFX related issue, either bad drivers, bad card, or bad PSU.

FreezIn69

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
It would just freeze then the HDMI signal is gone. The TV would say searching for a signal while the PC is still on and the hard drive led is still blinking. I cant tell if it crashed. I waited 5 minutes but nothing. I have to hold the power button each time this happens to restart.

No other monitors connected? Most likely it's just crashing all the time, which might be an issue with the graphics card. Try clean installing the drivers again, then using a graphics card monitoring/logging program and make a log of the GPU and CPU temperatures, use, and voltages.

You can also try running just integrated graphics for a bit, and see if that helps. If it does, it's most likely a GFX related issue, either bad drivers, bad card, or bad PSU.

Solution

FreezIn69

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
No monitors just a TV. I have just reinstalled windows 7 on a separate partition just some few normal tdrdelay crashes as usual. I will try clean installing again. I'm pretty sure my CPU and GPU temperatures are completely fine as my CPU is barely ever utilitized. GPU temperatures should be fine too as each time it crashes, I take a feel of how hot the card is and it only feels a bit warm. Sadly, my integrated gfx doesn't support HDMI output. PSU shouldn't be a issue either.

Try disabling hardware acceleration in flash (right click), but if that helps you might need to clean install the graphics drivers again and run checkdisk on your primary drive (and check SMART values while you are at it)

FreezIn69

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Alright will try that. Even on windows 7, if it uses adobe flash player that is built into chrome, it makes the system a lot laggier. What's funny is if I disable pepper flash that is in chrome and download one from adobe, it won't show up in chrome at all. I also can't play videos without the presence of flash

TRENDING THREADS