Jul 25, 2019
I recently tested the changing of location for the special or system folders for windows. When I did so they got messed up and now videos, desktop, and pictures all say "pictures" or whatever location one of them is set to. If one of those three folder's location is set to a certain path the three will all be set to that path. I backed up the files, so don't worry about that, but I need to get the folders back to normal as they are all being set to a single folder. I've tried changing the location, creating new folders in the C:/users/user folder, and changing names in desktop.ini, but changing one will change all the folders name and target location.

The folders that are supposed to be pictures, videos, and desktop are all pictures.
somrtycc3rk41.png

WIndows 8.1 64-bit

Jul 25, 2019
Just fixed it using registry:
https://www.tenforums.com/general-s...placed-my-user-folder-my-pictures-folder.html
You can check & alter the individual user folder paths in the Registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
1 Note that "Personal" means your Documents foder path
2 Check that the path exists before using the Registry to set a path.

Still some problems to fix (desktop is still called "pictures"), but each system folder goes to it's own location!