Windows 8.1 won't boot up after corrupt hard drive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheArtOfWar

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Good morning (if it can be described as such) my computer won't boot the OS anymore after I received an error of corrupt C: drive (where my OS is installed). This message came up after I restarted my computer with the forced restart button after I forgot to switch it off last night.

Now, the windows logo appears but after that a grey screen appears with nothing on it where normally the login page should be.

I can access the UEFI BIOS Utility with Delete or F2 but not safe mode. What do I from here? I have tried changing the boot priority to my HDD but nothing. I've also tried mashing Shift+F8 but it only brings up a menu with the option to load from the CD drive, HDD or access the UEFI BIOS.
I've tried all three and now I'm desperate.

What can I do in the BIOS program? Help please...

Motherboard is ASUS Z87 Pro with Win 8.1, there's a Boot menu in the BIOS program called ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility

TheArtOfWar

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

None of that, clean and fresh plate. Thanks a lot man, I'd send you a cake or a gift to express my gratitude but judging from your name you live in New Zealand :p
Thanks again

TheArtOfWar

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

Still wanted to go to gym but I guess I have to update drivers, do you know of any good free driver updater?

Go to the ASUS site for the drivers. Dont go to any site for the drivers. Some are dodgy

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z87PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

Install the chipset drivers first then the rest. I wouldnt worry about installing everything. You dont need AI suite if it's there. Just the main ones. But Windows 8 installs the sound and LAN drivers anyway

TheArtOfWar

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

All done, many thank again. Have a great day sir :)

TRENDING THREADS