Windows 8.1 won't install from USB

night_hawk112

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
and that's basically it....had Win 8.1, with an unsolvable problem, downloaded original .iso from Widows forum with their USB burner and stuff, I got an 0x8007025D error, then I gave up and found a new .iso, got that GPD or GPT or whatever error, fixed that, and then got another error about missing files....

Now I'm on the verge to take a screwdriver and shove the f****ng thing straight through the motherboard, but I doubt that will fix the problem...and since I'm not anywhere near America, breaking into Microsoft packing 2 AKs and shooting everybody I see, so is there a way to boot this system with USB (and this is not the first time I've got this problem, also got it on my desktop while trying to install fromm USB)....it's working with an optical drive, but I ain't got one, and I will not buy it or borrow it....I did disk cleanup, formating, wiped the whole drive and tried that way, no luck....what should I do before I go on and spend 20+ euros in some service that will do it instead of me?....

night_hawk112

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

well since my laptop doesn't have an optical drive, I am pretty sure that Windows 8 was installed with USB since it didn't came pre-installed.....

night_hawk112

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

did that, it just found a bunch of errors and nothing more...didn't fix them or offer any other solution

USAFRet

Titan

Then somehow the construction of your USB install stick is faulty.
Try what I said above. Just to see if it works.

night_hawk112

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
I installed Ubuntu and Windows 7 from it like a dozen times, and the last time was a week ago, and since then I didn't use the USB...it works fine, trust me....I always had a problem with installing Win8 from a thumb drive....now formatting the hard drive didn't do anything, and I've tried 2 different .iso images....so I guess it has something to do with either my bad luck or just a faulty system

manmeetpaul

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
If you have windows 8 currently running on your system you don't need to install it from USB, (if it's an upgrade not a fresh install). Just the way it is with windows 10. Just double click the setup.exe

night_hawk112

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

nope, it was Windows 8.1....but anyway my hard is formatted now, so no OS....