Windows 8.1 x64 fresh installation gives me error code 0xc0000005 (at 90%)

CyberCube

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Okay guys. I really need your help. This is my first time using this forum and i hope you guys can help me. Heres the thing. I bought an ASUS X301A. I tried to install windows 8.1 on the computer but i encounterd on an error. I couldnt install it on buit in HDD. So i cleaned the hdd using diskpart and i maneged to get the install running. Then, when installation proceeds to 90% i get and error code 0xc0000005 and it says that i must make sure all installation sources are accessible, or something like that.. What can i do guys??
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english..

CyberCube

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014

I was thinking the same thing. I am trying different widnows 8.1 and different USB stick. Just trying if it will do the trick, get back at you in 10ish minutes :) thi, the laptop doesnt have a CD/DVD drive, so usb is the only option..

Tariq_4

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
Hey, i countered the same problem! it says windows installation encountered an unexpected error verify that the installation sources ( trying to install windows 8.1 pro by a USB ) error 0xC0000005 .. when i press " OK " it makes a restart again and again !!!!!! please help