Windows 8.1

Good question, because it's not legacy windows, or Windows 7, or XP, or 10, but Windows 8/8.1 are the MOST like 10, so I'd post questions there AND clarify that you are using Windows 8.1 to avoid confusion. Hopefully they'll get these categories straightened out soon.

taylor1277

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Good question, because it's not legacy windows, or Windows 7, or XP, or 10, but Windows 8/8.1 are the MOST like 10, so I'd post questions there AND clarify that you are using Windows 8.1 to avoid confusion. Hopefully they'll get these categories straightened out soon.
So why don't they have a windows 8/8.1 forum?

taylor1277

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
There are millions of people still using Windows 7 and millions of people using Windows 10. There are three people, you and two others, using Windows 8.1. LOL. Just kidding, but it's probably just about accurate, figuratively.

LMASSSOFFFF that is a good one, hey it is what I have. and maybe I will think about downloading win 10 if I can find that free link. I was just going to wait and buy another computer, sooner or later. that gave me a good laugh. good humor, so actually Legacy is where one posts win 8 questions

taylor1277

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
We used to.
Site rebuild, forum consolidation and low Win 8/8.1 percentages led to it being relegated to "one of those other things", AKA Legacy.

I'm sure there are more than me and two others using it. It would also be nice to just call it windows 8.1 until me and the other two die off. lol

Last edited:
Here is where to get it, and I'd recommend doing it now while you still can. Come January when Windows 7 support officially ends, it's likely they may completely kill off the free upgrade because they will have already killed the major hold on keeping people away from 10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And here is my guide on doing the installation, which I'd recommend. Simply upgrading often is problematic and doesn't work out well. It can, and you can upgrade, then attach your license to a MS account in your name, or you can simply do a clean install using your Windows 8.1 product key, and that should work too.

It is probably a very good idea to read these, before doing anything though, just so you are fully aware of all the pertinent details regarding the digital entitlement issue.