Windows 8 100% Disk space problem

nanderson606

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
I've written plenty of these, so I want to keep this one brief. On my windows 8.0 computer, the disk space will suddenly go up to 100%. I know that this is not a defrag because it continually happens. There are no programs open and yet it continues. Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks for your time and have a nice night,

nanderson606

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
No the hard drive is not full. You know in the task manager the one labeled as disk? It is full at 100% Often with small things like Service local host and windows modules using .1 mb. Yes the same to things that screw over the CPU usage are screwing my disk up too.

Make model of this PC? If this is a low end netbook or such, can happen easily with low end drives (5400RPMS). The usage just means the programs listed are taking alot of time to do things to / from the HDD.

basics first to make sure nothing is in the way with any solutions we try to provide

Download and run SPECCY, copy and paste the first tab to show your specs

Remove whatever AV your using and go to www.filehippo.com and download Comodo or AVG (AVAST! been hacked so I don't recommend them anymore) and do a full system scan - this repeatedly has resolved alot of people issue relying on MS Essentials and Norton tends to get in the way of alot of programs it seems.
Download Malwarebytes do a full system scan (AV doesn't pick up alot of malware) - this resolved almost ALL other similar posts to date as most had Malware the AV didn't pick up.
Repeat the AV/Malware scans till the system comes up clean.

Did you install all Windows Updates?Did you run the Windows 8.1 from the MS Store? Did you run the Windows 8.1 Update Update from Windows Update? Didid you include doing all OPTIONALs except BING? Check them and repeat till ALL are installed.
Download and run Slim Drivers, install all the latest updates but you don't need to reboot until you do the last update