Windows 8 32-Bit Lagging very badly

Jackey Force

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Hey guys I recently formatted and done a clean install of Windows 8 32-Bit on my very old system (10 years old) the system I actually bought in 2006 April. Originally it had Windows XP SP2 installed later I upgraded it to SP3 now to Windows 8. I bought the copy of Windows 8 from a retail store (only 32-bit) but after installation the O/S is lagging a lot can I fix them? I want your help guys and thanks in advance.!

System Configuaration
Pentium 4 2.93GHz
1GB DDR1 RAM 400MHz
SiS 661FX 64MB VRAM
250GB SATA SEAGATE HDD 3.0GB/s

Solution
Why your system is lagging has to do with how much memory you have fitted.

If you look at system information of windows, you will see that you have about 200 to 250Mb of free memory to run other programs.

Once you run another program the memory will become less.
Windows has to resort to what we call virtual memory where it uses the hard disk drive of the system to cache and store data and then pass it back to main system memory.

Virtual memory is about 1000 times slower than ram that is fitted to your system.
And why its lagging so badly.
If you fit at least another 2gb of memory if the motherboard can except it via free memory slots on the motherboard things will improve.

Click on the link bellow to get a better understanding of...

InvalidError

Titan
If you see the HDD activity LED light up all the time when your PC "lags", that's Windows using the swapfile. 1GB is much too low for most modern computing, you want to upgrade that to 2-3GB if you can find a pair of 1GB DDR1 DIMMs for a reasonable price.

There isn't much else you can do about it, short of simply upgrading your CPU+MoBo+RAM.

Why your system is lagging has to do with how much memory you have fitted.

If you look at system information of windows, you will see that you have about 200 to 250Mb of free memory to run other programs.

Once you run another program the memory will become less.
Windows has to resort to what we call virtual memory where it uses the hard disk drive of the system to cache and store data and then pass it back to main system memory.

Virtual memory is about 1000 times slower than ram that is fitted to your system.
And why its lagging so badly.
If you fit at least another 2gb of memory if the motherboard can except it via free memory slots on the motherboard things will improve.

Click on the link bellow to get a better understanding of the cause.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/what-is-virtual-memory#1TC=windows-7

Solution

TRENDING THREADS