Windows 8 64-bit clean install freezes/shuts down at splash

Midnighthaze

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
Hello all,

I just got finished building a new computer but I'm unable to install Windows 8 64-bit OEM. Every time I try it will bring up the splash with the Windows 8 Logo and then do one of two things:

1) The DVD drive will start spinning as if it's reading the disc and then shortly after it stops (or during) the computer will turn off and restart.
or
2) The DVD drive will again start spinning but this time it will stop and then just sit at the logo with 1-2 static dots (part of what's supposed to be an animated circle). (eventually it will shutdown and restart)

Also I should say that all of the hardware seems to be okay. It is all being detected in the BIOS.

CPU: Intel 4770k
Motherboard: Z87-G45 - (currently BIOS version 1.2, I'll try updating it tomorrow)
PSU: 1000w

Trying to install it on 2xSSD in RAID 0.

Thanks all,
Garrett

Solution
My best suggestion is if that RAM is new return it for a new one and I'm not sure what you mean by "sand" but from context clues you mean to modify the security loops there i don't recommend it!

TechyInTraining

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
My best suggestion is if that RAM is new return it for a new one and I'm not sure what you mean by "sand" but from context clues you mean to modify the security loops there i don't recommend it!

Solution

Midnighthaze

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013

Yeah, I didn't end up modifying it in anyways, I tried all RAM slice/slot combinations and found the faulty one. I'm glad it turned out to be that since it was the first of many things I was about to take apart and test. Hopefully they'll let me ship the one slice back instead of the whole batch since the 3 other sticks work!

Thanks for replying though :)