Windows 8 - ATI/AMD 5670 DDR5 1GB - Graphics Problem

User-User

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Hello.

I'm having troubles with my graphic card in windows 8 and with windows 7 and don't had this problems.

I have one 5670 1GB DDR5 ATI/AMD and I have installed the last drivers of catalyst (my actual version is 13.1) and I have serious problems when I need to use the graphic card.

I made a video for you to try help my out of this situation. This is a game of miniclip (a basic game).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8I0-M3h9Y

When I play Hitman Absolution I have the same problem. What do you think this is?

My computer (tower) have:

- AMD Athlon II X4 640 - 3.0GHz
- 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
- Windows 8 - 64bits

Can anybody help me? I really don't know what to do...

I'm sorry for my english level :)

Best regards

make sure your mb bios and chipset drivers are up to date. try downloading and installing newest june update to direct-x.
check that your cpu fan is moving..try msi afterburner and turn the fan on faster). it could be a heat issue with windows 8 driver not spining up the fan to keep the card cool.

User-User

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Hi smorizio.

I have already do that with the direct x and the problem persists...

The problem is always there, even when my computer is cold (not turned on for a long time) so I don't think it is a temperature problem...

devilrokz

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
For those who cannot get their switchable graphics to work in lenovo or hp, after the win 8 upgrade or clean install, a fix is found and i am giving it here:
1. Goto BIO Setup by pressing F2, or whichever button is configured during the booting.
2. In the Configuration menu disable the Graphics Switchable and make it to Discreet.
3. After that Enable the virtual section below. Save and exit.
4. You are done.
In this method you wont see the Intel HD Graphics in Device manager but the ATI Radeon starts automatically within no time.
You can confirm this by installing AMD system monitor from the AMD site.
Note : If by any chance you cannot configure the switchable graphics in the BIOS then u must download the driver for BIOS from the lenovo or hp website support section. After installing the new BIOS, do the above steps and u r done.