Windows 8 Automatic Repair/Blue screen Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3dap

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Please help me guys. I have a gaming desktop that I built in February that has always worked like a champ. Last night, I tried to shut it down and it ended up getting stuck with no video output but still "on". Today when I tried to boot it up, the computer went into automatic repair mode, but said that "automatic repair is unable to fix your PC" or something to that effect. It is now stuck in a loop of automatic repair, to restart, to blue screen when windows tries to load, and then back to automatic repair. I have absolutely no idea what to do, as it also says that system refresh "has failed" when I try that. Any help is appreciated.

I heard that it could be a bad hard drive, but I don't have $100 bucks to drop on a theory :??:

Solution
Boot to your installation media, access the Repair Environment, then Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, and then open a Command Prompt. Enter the command

Code:
bcdedit /set {default} onetimeadvancedoptions on
then reboot the system. Select number 9 when provided with the menu for Startup Settings, Disable automatic restart after failure. This should allow the blue screen error to remain up on the screen rather than automatically restarting to allow you to record it and to use it to diagnose the cause of your issue.

BCDEdit Options Reference
Startup Settings at Microsoft Support

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
Boot to your installation media, access the Repair Environment, then Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, and then open a Command Prompt. Enter the command

Code:
bcdedit /set {default} onetimeadvancedoptions on
then reboot the system. Select number 9 when provided with the menu for Startup Settings, Disable automatic restart after failure. This should allow the blue screen error to remain up on the screen rather than automatically restarting to allow you to record it and to use it to diagnose the cause of your issue.

BCDEdit Options Reference
Startup Settings at Microsoft Support

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.