Windows 8 boot up like a newly installed os

krey73

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
My windows load up fine up to the password screen. after i put in the password, the system goes into loading for a minute then starts like a new windows with the greetings and all. any help is very much appreciated.

Solution
Perhaps some of your RAM was not seated correctly or something. When windows detects something in the hardware has changed, it starts kind of freaking out. The same thing happened to me when I put my RAM in wrong after an upgrade. It said my version of Windows wasn't genuine when it was. Hope this helps.

Xexoxix

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2012
Perhaps some of your RAM was not seated correctly or something. When windows detects something in the hardware has changed, it starts kind of freaking out. The same thing happened to me when I put my RAM in wrong after an upgrade. It said my version of Windows wasn't genuine when it was. Hope this helps.

Solution

krey73

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

it was fine before. i'm using the same settings for almost a month. Does changing the display output lead to this? like before i start with dvi cable and now i'm using hdmi cable.

Xexoxix

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2012

I doubt it. Scan your pc for viruses/malware/spyware, see if anything comes up.

krey73

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
I doubt it. Scan your pc for viruses/malware/spyware, see if anything comes up.
[/quotemsg]

i can't. it just won't boot up to my previous profile/windows/etc. it happened once but i opened the case and disconnect and then reconnect my hdd, poke the graphic card a bit and touch here and there and then it boot up fine. but this, no luck in doing that. maybe it is the hardware. i'll try to do it again when i'm home. i'm working atm.