Windows 8 Bsod and Buzzing

deepblue628

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
hello all, i have issues! I had windows 7 ultimate 64x and was having issues with black screen lockups and buzzing that did not leave error codes. when playing games like Crysis 3 they would occur commonly (say every 2-10min). other times it would crash at random when playing media or other games say 3 times a month. after much hunting i read a billion forums full of ideas and started trying them one at a time.

my system specs are: q9400 2.67 quadcore, Corsair GS600watt PSU, 4gb Gskill 6400 ram, Gtx570 Msi Twin 2 video card, h80i liquid cooler, 1tb sata 7200rpm hdd, card reader, all on a xfx 780i mobo. (3 fans in total razor mouse, back-lit keyboard, dual display)

What i have tried:

1)RMAing video card (no difference)

2) Changing Video card clock speed from 732mhz to 700,650, and 600 (still crashed altho at 700mhz it was stable longest by a few minutes)

3) increasing voltage of video card from stock .988v to 1.025v at different clock speeds (no difference)

4) Swapping the G-skill ram with OZ ram from another system (no difference)

5) The q9400 was overclocked to 3.2ghz and ram was 857mhz but i have set both back to stock speeds and voltages (no difference)

6) Prime 95 stable 8 hours high temp of 62c

7) Memtest run overnight 0 issues

8) One post said it was related to windows 7 SP1 so i bought window 8 Pro 64x (no difference)

9) all bios and video card drivers have been clean installed form factory sites.

10) HDD was replaced last year is it was the cause of black screen "issue" that still exsist

i am still having random Bsod with buzzing sounds that leaves the computer unresponsive. where do i go from here? i have replaced almost all of my computer.

deepblue628

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

i have no alternative power supply to test with. when it crashes the noise is clearly coming from the screen speakers (hdmi). thinking it may have been power supply related, all voltages and clock speeds are stock again. that should free up quite a bit of power, yet it still crashes. it even crashes streaming tv shows and the CPU and GPU are consuming very little power under these conditions. when streaming cpu is about 5% and gpu is 30% or so.