Windows 8 BSoDs/ slow boots

TheImperator520

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
I've recently changed my Asrock AM3+ motherboard for an ASUS m5a97 evo r2.0, but i didn't reinstalled the O.S. and all that stuff, i simply plugged everything in to the motherboard and it works (almost) fine.
Sometimes, not always, happen one of this things:

1. System startup lasts about 40 seconds, usually with this board, 20 seconds, with my old board, 8 seconds (i've got an ssd)
2. Windows logo quickly dissapears when starting and from that on the screen keeps black till the BSoD appears.

My question is, could this be due to not having reinstalled the O.S.?
Thaks for replying :)

Solution
It's recommended to reinstall OS after hardware replacement to avoid any configuration conflicts. There's a shortcut you can take though if you don't want to reinstall all the software.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep and run sysprep.exe with following options: OOBE, Reboot, Generalize
This will wipe your system of any platform specific drivers and configuration files. Once your PC reboots, create new temporary user account, log out, log back in with your old account, delete the newly made account and proceed with installing the drivers for your components.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
It's recommended to reinstall OS after hardware replacement to avoid any configuration conflicts. There's a shortcut you can take though if you don't want to reinstall all the software.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep and run sysprep.exe with following options: OOBE, Reboot, Generalize
This will wipe your system of any platform specific drivers and configuration files. Once your PC reboots, create new temporary user account, log out, log back in with your old account, delete the newly made account and proceed with installing the drivers for your components.

Solution

xcrossroadsx

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

Although it should be mentioned: While this generally works, there is a small chance that it won't. If that is the case, your only option is to do a clean install, unfortunately.
Good luck.