Windows 8: 'Completely Different', 'Mind-blowing'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
I just want the amount of customization i get from my linux like changing the login screen and the option to have more effects like i get in compiz.

sunsetblonde

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
I get sick of all these stupid named versions, why can't all the companies just add a number for the next version. The whole 7 thing is stupid. I don't fall for this marketing stuff. If someone was looking back in 100 years I think the 95, 98, ME, XP, VISTA, 7, .next will confuse them in terms of what came after what.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]I just hope they call it windows 8 rather than something stupid like windows vista.[/citation]

or ".next" lol

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]maybe they will finally release the new WINFS file system with it[/citation]

Great point a new file system is in order. Howabout Ext4? Anyone second the nomination?

G

Use something similar to ext4 (minimal fragmentation).

Have a modular, lightweight OS thats easily customizable and can be hot fixed on the fly without restarting (Like Linux).

Get rid of the BSD and have a self solving system to revert from the problem once its detected and then leave an alert stating what the impending error was.

Enjoy =)

G

I understand why that post was deleted. By the sounds of it Win8 is going to be "amazing".
With it only being a year's wait and MS' stupid update pricing it will certainly make some people wonder if they shouldn't wait up till July next year and directly move to Win8 instead of Win7.

ordcestus

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]shuffman37[/nom]Use something similar to ext4 (minimal fragmentation).Have a modular, lightweight OS thats easily customizable and can be hot fixed on the fly without restarting (Like Linux).Get rid of the BSD and have a self solving system to revert from the problem once its detected and then leave an alert stating what the impending error was. Enjoy =)[/citation]

Excellent point, lets get microsoft to just rebrand and modify ubuntu then the name can be Windows ubuntu edition.

Too bad that'll never happen :(

On second thought they'd need to finish Wine too else "slight" compatibility errors would happen

rebturtle

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
"something completely different from what folks usually expect of Windows…"

So it will be open-source, free, completely secure, fully customizable, and will run great on 10-year old hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.