Windows 8 Display Issues

rladuke_2

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Just built a new computer had everything working powered it on played a little and then went to install a program on it and a bar came and said I had a program that is wanting a system restart. My computer has been running fine have it on a 1080p tv had at 1920X1080p and it was completely fine but I did that restart and it changed the resolution to 1024x628 and when I go into windows or nvidia control panel to change the resolution it will not let me. I'm super pissed right could someone please help me?

Solution
If you're using an HDMI input then you should be changing the settings in the HDTV setting in your NVidia Control Panel.

Do not use Windows and simply select 1920x1080.

Your setting should look something like 1080p_NTSC_60Hz, though I don't know exactly how they display it.

Other:
If stuck, try reinstalling the NVidia latest drivers but choose "custom-> clean" install or similar wording.

(If that doesn't help I'm really not sure outside of reinstalling Windows... speaking of that you can do a free UPGRADE to Windows 10 which may solve your problem, though I'd recommend doing a CLEAN install if you can't figure out the source of the issue. Doing a clean install means backing up your data etc)
If you're using an HDMI input then you should be changing the settings in the HDTV setting in your NVidia Control Panel.

Do not use Windows and simply select 1920x1080.

Your setting should look something like 1080p_NTSC_60Hz, though I don't know exactly how they display it.

Other:
If stuck, try reinstalling the NVidia latest drivers but choose "custom-> clean" install or similar wording.

(If that doesn't help I'm really not sure outside of reinstalling Windows... speaking of that you can do a free UPGRADE to Windows 10 which may solve your problem, though I'd recommend doing a CLEAN install if you can't figure out the source of the issue. Doing a clean install means backing up your data etc)

Solution