Windows 8 Driver Help!

AnonymousApostale

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
So i have no idea how to update my drivers but, i ran some scans with this driverupdate program and it told me that my drivers were out of date and that they would update them for 55 dollars. So instead, I decided to write down the drivers that needed to be upgraded and so now i am looking for them. I tried google searching for them but all i got were drivers for win7 and Im not sure if those are compatible with win8

My computer is a Dell Inspiron i3 660 with Windows 8

The Drivers im searching for

1.)Intel(R) 7series/c216 chipset family SMBus host controller 1E-22
2.) 2nd Gen Intel(R) processor family DRAM controller -0100
3.) Inter(R) B75 Express chipset LPC controller - 1E49

If you could please send me a link to where i could find all or most of these that will help alot and I also want to ask If I should uninstall the drivers before i install their updates or will the computer just do that by itself somehow.

etittel

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Another poster's suggestion to grab stuff from the Dell Support pages is a good idea: you'll always want to check there to see what you can find. OTOH, if you download the latest Intel Chipset Utility (v 9.4.0.1026) you'll find updated drivers therein for all of the items you mention in your post. Grab it from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775, then open cmd.exe in the directory where you stash it and enter this command:

infinst_autol.exe -a -p <directory spec>

where you'll replace <directory spec> with wherever the .exe file lives (on my machine for example, that's F:\9.4.0.1026, so that means I type infinst_autol.exe -a -p F:\9.4.0.1026).

Then you can open Device Manager, right-click the items you mention that need to be updated, pick Update Driver Software..., choose Browser my computer, then point the updater at <directory spec> and you're off to the race. AFAIT, all three of your named devices should reside in the System Devices container in Device Manager.

Happy updating!

--Ed--

etittel

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Another poster's suggestion to grab stuff from the Dell Support pages is a good idea: you'll always want to check there to see what you can find. OTOH, if you download the latest Intel Chipset Utility (v 9.4.0.1026) you'll find updated drivers therein for all of the items you mention in your post. Grab it from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775, then open cmd.exe in the directory where you stash it and enter this command:

where you'll replace <directory spec> with wherever the .exe file lives (on my machine for example, that's F:\9.4.0.1026, so that means I type infinst_autol.exe -a -p F:\9.4.0.1026).

Then you can open Device Manager, right-click the items you mention that need to be updated, pick Update Driver Software..., choose Browse my computer, then point the updater at <directory spec> and you're off to the races. AFAIT, all three of your named devices should reside in the System Devices container in Device Manager.

Happy updating!

--Ed--

etittel

Distinguished
May 11, 2006

Then you can open Device Manager, right-click the items you mention that need to be updated, pick Update Driver Software..., choose Browser my computer, then point the updater at <directory spec> and you're off to the race. AFAIT, all three of your named devices should reside in the System Devices container in Device Manager.

Happy updating!

--Ed--