Windows 8 Fresh Install Issues

Kemist

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
I've been trying to do a fresh install of Windows 8 Full Edition on my only system. It's outdated but it's all I have. I've been trying to get help but have been unable to do so. The links below will give you an idea of what my system is, what I've attempted to do to resolve the issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

System Specs

Time Logs

Kemist

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015

Thank you for the reply and suggestions. I'll give this a try tonight and keep you posted on the results.

*Update*
CrystalDiskInfo
HDInfo_zpsxjn3ltm0.jpg

MemTest86
No errors, passed after about 55 minutes.

Upgrade Windows Product Key
When I click on the Windows 8 Setup that works, my key doesn't since it's for Windows 8.1. When I click the setup for the Windows 8.1, I receive an error only systems running Windows 7+ can use it.

Kemist

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
Forgive me. The box version that is sitting next to me is the Windows 8.1 Full Version.

I have tried what Andre Da Costa had suggested and I had to burn a boot disk at a relatives house. I made 2 copies in case one of the discs had something go wrong with it.

I still had an extremely slow install. The images from the log link I posted was using the Andre Da Costa method.

Kemist

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
*Update* got a hold of a USB drive and tried and tried a Windows 8.1 install that way, same results. I began the install at noon let it run for 6 hours, got to a setup screen where my keyboard and mouse wouldn't work no matter what port I plugged them in to.

Kemist

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
It was my only other HD. I've checked to make sure the Legacy settings were enabled and they were. I tried using a PS/2 adapter and that did not work.

Trying another boot from USB as we speak. Keyboard lights are on, my mouse has lights. Sitting at the windows 4 square logo image.

Will post an update shortly.