Windows 8 Has a Slightly Friendlier Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickul

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Actually it's:

Microsoft Windows has given your PC a problem that it couldn't handle, and now it needs to restart.

G

Wow, now there is no technical information at all, that's certainly going to help....

But they have added a giant and lame looking emoticon, and they have also contracted 'It will' into "It'll", that really is much friendlier... Now that's progress! Wrong.

The old BSoD was far better, this is just more dumb-down for the mainstream.... More reason to not 'upgrade' to Win8. Still on XP here, and it's still getting the job done just fine.

greenspoon

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
[citation][nom]sidran32[/nom]Where's the debug information?[/citation]

I would guess a mini-dump is still created that contains the debug info.

Doesn't make a BSOD any less frustrating IMO. May be if they keep a counter on BSOD and for every BSOD, you earn point where you can use them to trade for MS product (may be an xbox)?

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
This reminds me of the YouTube frown face when a video is not available anymore, does anyone have a screen shot of this, I wonder if YT will sue MS because they look a lot alike.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
This is awesome, for some reason I just started laughing when I saw this. When it happens, it should also have a sound thats, "wah wah"

BlackHawk91

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]This reminds me of the YouTube frown face when a video is not available anymore, does anyone have a screen shot of this, I wonder if YT will sue MS because they look a lot alike.[/citation]
When you "kill a page" in chrome, you also got a sad face. I've seen that in many websites. I don't think apple has claimed the patent for that yet.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
D'awww :) That smiley is so cute!

I think I'll purposefully destabilize my system in order to get a BSOD. I haven't got one that was not related to loose SATA cables or PCI ports for more than 3 years now.

[citation][nom]SteelCity1981[/nom]So is this suppose to make people less mad when they get one? lol[/citation]

Actually, yes. I've noticed, myself, that if my PC SUDDENLY gets a BSOD, it's a real shocker: 1) it's RARE 2) it's SUDDEN 3) it's THREATENING 4) it indicates that something is VERY WRONG. This, however, will be relaxed by taking the number 3 out of the game :) I wonder if there will be a demo button for it... I want one.

Though, I find the lack of the technical info disturbing. They better still create a memory dump!

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
The old one wasn't bad, they just should have labeled things better and neater. And putting the datestamp in hex is just cryptic. Not the general troubleshooting commentary, but rather a short description of what each technical item actually is. I actually thing the new one is worse if this is it as it lacks even more information in the name of dumbing down the end user.

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
[citation][nom]sidran32[/nom]Where's the debug information?[/citation]

Notice the finer print that we can't read (not that it's so small, just a not-so-great pic of a screen shot) - that has the technical information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS