Windows 8 high performance pc very slow and laggy

xGh0stSn1p3r

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
Hey guys, I am running Windows 8 on my pc and it's really slow and it lags alot. The time that it takes for programs to open, it freezes a lot and programs stop responding alot. Also, I just recently did a full restore on my pc, about a week ago. My PC specs are:
MB
CPU: Intel I7-3820 @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 8GB (4x2GB)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 1.5GB
Anyone know why I am getting this massive lag and really slow performance? I appreciate any answers. Thanks

Solution
may be a virus since viruses eats up a lot of your processing power and memory.

check whether any malicious program is running in the background.

also check the memory utilisation. if it doesn't exceed 25% (15 min after booting), then ensure that there is no mobile phones or magnets near you system. the em waves from mobiles can cause lagging and serious damages to your system.

david271749

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
Could be a background process that accidentally got onto your pc. Check task manager processes. Look for anything taking a lot of ram. If it doesn't look familiar, google it. If it's bad, end the process.

Gaming God

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
may be a virus since viruses eats up a lot of your processing power and memory.

check whether any malicious program is running in the background.

also check the memory utilisation. if it doesn't exceed 25% (15 min after booting), then ensure that there is no mobile phones or magnets near you system. the em waves from mobiles can cause lagging and serious damages to your system.

Solution