[SOLVED] Windows 8 keeps shutting down

Oct 2, 2019
Hey guys

Windows 8 keeps shutting down without notice, rhyme or reason. It all began today after some diagnosing I came to the conclusion it was my motherboard so I tried a working one.. same problem. So then I replaced my power supply with a working one.. same issue. One thing that is weird to me that Windows is showing me the 'shutdown'' splash screen like I did it intentionally. Im not sure if it is software or faulty hardware. Please help!

Solution
This sounds like a heat issue. If a CPU gets too hot it will shut down the OS. With all the replacing you have done, have you cleaned the inside of the case and fans? I would remove your CPU cooler, clean the heat sink vents, and clean the CPU and reapply the thermal paste. If that doesn't stop the problem, run your PC with the side cover off and see if it continues to shut down.
This sounds like a heat issue. If a CPU gets too hot it will shut down the OS. With all the replacing you have done, have you cleaned the inside of the case and fans? I would remove your CPU cooler, clean the heat sink vents, and clean the CPU and reapply the thermal paste. If that doesn't stop the problem, run your PC with the side cover off and see if it continues to shut down.

Solution