Windows 8 laptop loses internet connection after sleep

thedarkwolf25

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15z and it had been working great so far, until I upgraded from my cheap $30 Belkin router to a TRENDnet AC1750 wireless router. The router is working fine with the exception of the Dell. There is one desktop connected to the router via a Buffalo wireless USB adapter and it has no issues with reconnecting after a restart. There are also 3 smartphones connected to the wireless and they have no issues connecting wirelessly either.

The issue with the Dell is that after a restart/sleep/hibernation the laptop has lost internet connectivity and seemingly local network connectivity. If I pull up the command prompt and run ipconfig /all I can see that the computer is connected to the network and has the correct IP address, but pining anything locally or any IP from the internet (google for instance) gets a time out.

This is corrected by disconnecting and reconnecting to the network but I would like to get this sorted out. The wireless adapter in the Dell is an Intel Centrino N2230 and I have its power options set so that it cannot be turned off. The driver is also the latest from Intel's website.

This never occurred with the old router, but no other device is having any issues at all. When connected the laptop gets great speed and the connection never drops.

Any ideas?

thedarkwolf25

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

I mentioned in the initial post that the power settings for the wireless adapter is set so that it can't be turned off. Any other suggestions?