Windows 8 laptop Your PC cant project to another screen

cccgsmith

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
I have installed Windows 8 Pro to a Dell Inspiron 1505 laptop, but when trying to connect a projector, I get the message "You PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card." I went to Device Manager to update the driver but I get the message the driver is up to date. What can I do now? I need to use this laptop tomorrow AM!!

put a fully supported OS back on the laptop

and it took you 3 months to find come to that conclusion, are you slow, or just so socially untalented that you have to be picky like that.

Just sayin'

and to the OP, my point was that relying on something that you desperately need for the next morning, means you shouldn't muck about with non production OS's do that on spare machines, or ones where you have the time to get it working.

cccgsmith

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
A little late for my clarification, but the reason I put Windows 8 on the laptop was to demonstrate Win8 to a group. I had done this several days before and had no problems running Windows 8. I had no idea that this particular model of my laptop has this problem, no matter the OS. For what it is worth, I am using this very same laptop right now for this response.

fair enough, i'll remember to ignore that whole brand of laptop in the future.