Windows 8- Network cable unplugged , works on 7

lostom

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hey,

I got the following problem:
I installed windows 8.1 as dualboot beside windows 7 on one pc, and now I don't have any network connection on windows 8.1. When I switch to windows 7, everything works perfectly.

At network connections Ethernet say "Network cable unplugged", but switching to windows 7 makes it "magically" plugged in...

I've installed the same driver as I had on windows 7.

-Driver: Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller
-Motherboard: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

I've already tried all "NETSH" like commands, but nothing seems to change anything.

I hope anyone can help me.

Thanks in advance

Solution
I guess the motherboard doesn't support Win 8 thats why you have this trouble, I don't find any information for support for Win 8 on this board. I have also checked the official website of Gigabyte.

lostom

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

Well, that's a good question.
I can't find anyone who had problems with it, but I also can't find anyone who has win 8 running on this board...

lostom

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014

You guys are probably right, I will just have to upgrade my hardware then.

Thanks for the answers anyway.

Rams Anirudh

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

You're welcome bud, we always appreciate if you choose a solution so that the thread can be mentioned as solved. Don't forget to choose the best solution.

This board should run fine on windows 8.x. With exceptions in the hardware that has incorrect power management logic in its electronics and for that you just need to turn it of in control panel power management settings for the device. Windows 7 had them turned off by default, windows 8 has them turned on by default. it is just a x58 LGA1366 board with a few custom drivers for USB. I am current typing on windows 8.x a machine almost like that one.

change your power management settings for you net card so they do not go into low power mode and they will act just like windows 7