Windows 8 not offering upgrade to Windows 10

TheAlphaMaleGamer

Honorable
Sep 3, 2014
I can't upgrade my Windows 8 computer to Windows 10.
I have already tried all the ways to do so on: http://bit.ly/1HHzwpE
That link brings you a microsoft forum page where there is already ways to fix this problem.
I have verified the fact that my WIndows 8 is genuine and all the updates are installed. After doing what the staff posted, CMD said success and nothing happened to the notification tray. Then i downloaded the CMD that Susan Bradley put online, ran it as admin and after following all the Ways to try to get the app to appear nothing happened

There are a couple extra steps in there that you didn't address:

5. Your device is running Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, or Windows RT/RT 8.1, which are excluded from this reservation offer.
6. Your device is managed as part of a school or business network. (Check with your IT administrator.)
7. PCs that we determine cannot run Windows 10 will not see the Get Windows 10 app before July 29th. After July 29th, we’ll enable the icon in the system tray. This is to help ensure that you can easily check your PC’s compatibility if you choose.

So... Check to make sure you aren't on Windows 8.1 Enterprise, and that your machine is not managed (betting it's a safe assumption that you're on a home PC, but I have to double check). Lastly, post your system specs. May be something there that points us to the culprit.

TheAlphaMaleGamer

Honorable
Sep 3, 2014

Specs are as follows:
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X31
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger
RAM:4x4gb DDR3 G.skill Ripjaws X 1866Mhz
Storage 1: Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD
Storage 2: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue HDD 7200rpm
Graphics Card: MSI AMD Radeon R9 290 Gaming OC
Case: NZXT H440 Black/Red
Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra M 80+ Bronze 650W PSU

I don't know of this will affect it but i got the copy of Windows 8.1 Pro as part of a student offer for free but it is not an enterprise version (just Windows 8.1 Pro)