Windows 8 - Operation Performance Decline

leonistic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
Hi everyone!

I'm running a windows 8 on a fairly decent gaming rig and I'm glad to say that I am able to run most games on Ultra or higher with no problems whatsoever. This has however changed for the worst over a period of time of approximately a year or so.

I have started noticing my CPU generating loads of heat and upon further investigation, i found that my fans were malfunctioning and not spinning optimally. I have since done some general cleaning and replaced some faulty fans. It is still not as good as it were before with it still generating some heat but nonetheless, it is still a huge improvement. With that being said, I found myself still having to wait longer than usual for simple tasks to be executed. (such as loading a game page, opening a application takes longer than usual for it to run etc etc.) And I found myself looking at the sudden surge of tasks appearing under task manager.

I have tried googling these processes but I just cant really seem to find/identify if it is a mandatory process or a malware. I have performed malware/virus check and removed everything that was detected but I'm still facing this issue. As such, I'm writing in with hopes to seek assistance and request to see if any one could be so kind as to do a quite looksee for me.

I am still able to open 20 tabs, watch a show and play the game in windows mode all at the same time with no lag. but recently due to these extra tasks, (especially SVCHost) I find myself getting lags here and there. I have taken some screenshots of my taskmanager immediately after a fresh reboot of the PC and I can upload these if it's required. I don't seem to be able to upload attachments though. Hmm.

Thank you in advanced!