Windows 8 or Windows 7-gaming

G

Hey guys, I was thinking about wich OS I should pick for my new gaming build.
Is there any chance that some old games wont be compatible with W8?
Thanks in advance.

Take some time and read up about the Issues some have with W8. Getting your hands on a demonstrator would be a good idea if you can manage it.

There is always the chance that there will be compatibility issues, I don't think W8 is any worse than any other new OS in this regard.Its also no better at gaming than W7.

Nobody on these of any forum's can definitively tell you that one is better than the other for gaming and compatibility.

There are people who are pro W8 to the point of coming across blinkered and as if they were being paid by Microsoft to push W8 and then there are those who do go a little to far the other way.

Personally from my point of view I don't like W8 and what it represents, there are only a couple of the new features that would matter to me and for me the Con's outweigh the pro's. I would say stick with 7
However I do urge you to at least try W8 and see what you think yourself. Its all subjective at the end of the day.

Mactronix :)

G

I wont be using metro, i saw some apps that give you the start menu back and let you boot directly to the desktop, not metro.
I also like faster booting times, so i guess i'll pick up a copy of Windows 8 :)

TRENDING THREADS