Status
Not open for further replies.
G

STILL haven't dropped the 32 bit.

gg its over, microsoft is finished

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
this is not news , hackers are better and will always be better --- because they enjoy what they are doing - so there isnt a software they cant crack

G

I'm confused - didn't they used to wait until SP1 before they came out with the server equivalent? AKA - Server 2003 was XP SP1, 2008 was Vista SP1, 2008 R2 was 7 SP1?

What's with all this rapid release crap lately, trying to become Google Chrome?

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
[citation][nom]m2222222222[/nom]STILL haven't dropped the 32 bit. gg its over, microsoft is finished[/citation]

So many businesses are still using XP on 32-bit machines that dropping it completely would lose Microsoft a ton of clients.

32-bit isn't going anywhere and it's one of the biggest reasons Microsoft still owns the desktop PC business market.

leafman420

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Um so you know all IT ppl are hackers, and i dont think they hacked or cracked it. its just been leaked. also with the history of Microsoft this one will suck big ??? well you know. XP still used as a standard for comparing newer windows versions. Vista well that one just blows, and I still don't think anyone in business has upgraded to it yet. Windows 7, I like it over all. What I have read of Win 8 I'm not liking what I am seeing, but with Microsofts record for OS It is going to suck so that the next one they come out with will make them another 5 bil. off us all. TY Microsoft for being what you are. CRAP. Still hate apple more.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Microsoft is getting desperate. They're leaking Windows two months ahead to shore up their market share and get as many people into the walled garden formerly known as Metro.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Reading these comments are a little ridiculous. Did most of you guys wake up and accidentally take the retard pill this morning?

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]m2222222222[/nom]STILL haven't dropped the 32 bit. gg its over, microsoft is finished[/citation]

Just like Netherscourge said, 32-bit isn't going anywhere for a great while.

Most people don't realize that most of the computers actually running the WORLD are 32-bit systems. I love how people think that because 64-bit is the norm in the enthusiast market, it's the same for the JOB market and working industries.

hannibal

Distinguished
All those 32bit Atoms that are dirty cheap and allso some of the older stuff that is out there. Even bigger thing (still) is that there are programs that runs only in 32bit or 16bit environment. And those are corporate programs that can not be upgraded easily... 32bit will stay and bacause 32 bit stay, there will be less pure 64bit programs... Most programs still are 32 bit versions just for the same reason that there is need for 32bit OS... So it is self feeding situation that hold down the progress.
Lets see again in 20 years...

[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]All those 32bit Atoms that are dirty cheap and allso some of the older stuff that is out there. Even bigger thing (still) is that there are programs that runs only in 32bit or 16bit environment. And those are corporate programs that can not be upgraded easily... 32bit will stay and bacause 32 bit stay, there will be less pure 64bit programs... Most programs still are 32 bit versions just for the same reason that there is need for 32bit OS... So it is self feeding situation that hold down the progress. Lets see again in 20 years...[/citation]

I'm pretty sure that 16 bit code isn't so common anymore. I'm pretty sure that 16 bit code isn't supported in 64 bit Windows at all (maybe in Win XP x64, but almost definitely not in Vista x64 and 7 x64), so including it could break compatibility with 64 bit Windows. Although 32 bit is still the most common, 64 bit has gotten very common. Many OEM computers use 64 bit versions these days.

hannibal

Distinguished
Yes that is the reason why 32bit versions are still released, because 32bit can run 16bit programs and 64bit os can not. (One more reason, why 64Bit os is better bacause they can leave out some obsolate 16bit code from it!)

And now those 16bit programs are used mainly only in corporate environments at all these days. Normal computer users don't have many of those. I have some, but I am not so keen on running them any more. Some old dos and windos 3.1 games that runs much better with dosbox in anyway... Like Fantasy General from SSI ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.