windows 8 pro wont reinstall to hard drive from genuine store bought disc

Raymond_34

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
recently tried to reinstall windows 8 pro on new hard drive..now i get error message everytime..windows was not able to be installed reverting to your old copy...the disc is a genuine bought one with serial key and all..but it just will not reinstall..it gives no reason why it wont install.wtf this appears to be a common problem with a lot of microsoft programs..upgrade and it doesnt work,download updates and it crashes..might be time to go to linux or something more reliable than micorsoft.they had many years to get things right and still they fail badly

Solution
Sounds like install thinks you are trying to upgrade your current install. This will fail if the current windows is not fully updated from my experience.

I would suggest a full fresh install of win8, wiping out the old OS in the process. Before you begin that,make sure you have a working backup of, at minimum, important files, favorites, emails, usernames and passwords, and etc. Also have already downloaded to a flash drive all your win8 drivers: motherbd (chipset, sata, usb,audio...), Gpu, and any add in cards or devices that you have. You are not ready to install win8 until you have all that IMO.

Lastly, before you install 8, you need to determine if you want to install in UEFI mode or in BIOS/Legacy mode. The UEFI install...

popatim

Titan
Sounds like install thinks you are trying to upgrade your current install. This will fail if the current windows is not fully updated from my experience.

I would suggest a full fresh install of win8, wiping out the old OS in the process. Before you begin that,make sure you have a working backup of, at minimum, important files, favorites, emails, usernames and passwords, and etc. Also have already downloaded to a flash drive all your win8 drivers: motherbd (chipset, sata, usb,audio...), Gpu, and any add in cards or devices that you have. You are not ready to install win8 until you have all that IMO.

Lastly, before you install 8, you need to determine if you want to install in UEFI mode or in BIOS/Legacy mode. The UEFI install process is slightly different then the old Bios method we all are used to. UEFI requires a motherbd with UEFI naturally, some motherbds are capable of running either one.

Let us know what you have and perhaps we can help.

Solution