Windows 8 Questions

MPEG

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Will Steam and its games work on Windows 8 Pro? Also, while going through the first stage of upgrading, it says that AI Suite II and Intel(R) Network Connections 16.6.126.0 are not compatible. How necessary are these programs? I am not fully aware of what they do. I believe they were installed while I installed the driver CD's after I built my computer.

Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Killing Floor TF2, bunch of others too. Any game should run, there should not be any compatibility issues.

AI Suit II is just like temperatures and overclocking software for ASUS boards, it's a bloated and slow, you can use better alternatives for temperatures, and you should be using UEFI/BIOS for overclocking.

You can get the latest Network drivers from here: http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

I didn't need to download them for my ASUS motherboard on Windows 8, but for Windows 7 I did.

Yes they work just fine.

AI Suite should work as well but isn't necessary at all. The Intel drivers with Windows 8 are already very up to date. Windows Update will take care of the rest for now.