Windows 8 recovery disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgrin91

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
I have windows 8 on my laptop and I accedently made the laptop not bootable. When I try to boot it it goes straight to a win8 error screen and says that it cant access some files and that I should use a recovery disk. However, I forgot to make a recovery disk beforehand. I have a second win8 laptop that is still running fine. If I make a recovery disk from that computer will it work for my unbootable computer?

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011

F8 function has been removed from Windows 8

@op, as johnbl said, download the image from MSFT, burn it to DVD, boot from it and choose Repair option

dgrin91

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
I bought the laptop OEM and from what I understand the key is built directly into the BIOS, so I dont have access to it I think. So how can I get the key for the download?

MANNY1112

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

If the f8 key have been remove from Windows 8 how can I boot my HP Laptop from the CD/DVD repair disk that i had already created. Please help me because i can not stop the PC when it is re-botting so i can access the BIOS to re-boot fom the DVD Repair Disk.

flavoi

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009

I am currently doing this on a HP laptop as well. It will briefly flash a "press escape to pause startup" It may be different depending on your laptop, but you should be able to interrupt it from booting past the BIOS and into Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS