Windows 8 Running the Disk at 100%

TysonY2

Reputable
May 29, 2014
Yes, yet another "my disk is running at 100% 24/7 and I don't know why!" thread. Simply put, I'm at my wits end with the issue and need a second voice of opinion. I have disabled Superfetch, Windows Search and BITS. I have also changed the amount of allocated ram to the full 4gb as well as increased the page file to 8gb. The user account have been made to a local account as well. All this and for not, and it's driving me mad. Does anybody have any other recommendations? I've done basic clean up with CCleaner, and began defragging but with the disk already running at 100% it was going to take upwards of 1.5 days to finish. Time I didn't have. It should be noted that the disk health had "Warning!" next to it in defraggler, but I assume its because the disk is constantly at 100% activity. Thank you for any recommendations!

Resource Monitor

TysonY2

Reputable
May 29, 2014
After running through about everything I could think of doing a windows refresh seemed to have solve the issue. I am however still suspicious of this being related to a failing hard drive, so keep this in mind if anybody uses this thread for future use. Thanks for your help Schiz!