Windows 8 Series of errors.

Avocade

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
I just finished reinstalling windows 8 and upon completion after the reboot the system rebooted a second time than prompted and Error saying "windows encountered and unexpected shutdown and cannot proceed please reinstall windows" I found a fix by going into Regedit and changing a registry value i could get passed that screen. the first time it went to the log in screen and when i clicked to log in it rebooted..... than did that over and over till the system said "You PC could not be shutdown properly" Than gave me various things to try. I tried debugging... but it just cycled booting repeatedly till i hit the power button and stopped it cause it would just get passed bios screen before rebooting again.

Avocade

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
I have Windows 8 recovery disks from Acer but I can't wipe the partition as i'd like to be able to do. It just gives me the ability to restore the system to factory defaults. Which is just reinstalling windows on the already pre-partitioned hard drive seeing as though the imprint your serial number into the system for reinstalls.

TRENDING THREADS