Question Windows 8 to Windows 10 Microsoft Sign-In without internet drivers

May 4, 2022
This is a rather interesting case I got myself into. After upgrading from my old MOBO to my new one, I wanted off of Windows 8, since my old Motherboard didn't allow it to update to Windows 10.
I went with the ROG STRIX 8550-F GAMING WIFI II MOBO. It didn't come with wifi or ethernet drivers installed onto it, however.
After updating to Windows 10, I'm now stuck on the sign-in page, since my computer tries connecting to the internet to go into the Microsoft App Store (I believe). But, I don't have any internet drivers installed onto my computer besides PdaNet+, which requires me to sign-in to use first.

Does anyone know how to bypass or circumvent this?

Reactions: Sick Jacken

Sick Jacken

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
the sign in when you do a clean install? Yeah you can do it by choosing "Local Account" if so, it's all Microsoft. So choose "Create account" then Sign in without Microsoft account. I've encountered this when I was also trying Windows 8.1 Pro

May 4, 2022
Nah, it wasn't a clean install, I have my old drives installed that also had Windows 8.1 installed into it. I used Microsoft's Windows 10 updater to update to Windows 10 from there. I was never prompted with any of the welcome fanfare after the installation was complete. And there aren't any options to create another account at the Windows 10 sign-in page as far as I can tell.
Thank you for the quick reply.