Windows 8 Will Save Passwords in the Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
And what happens when hackers manage to hack this gold-mine of banking details, facebook logins, twitter accounts, yahoo accounts, gmail, youtube?

Or something like Google docs with confidential information...

The world's biggest phishing campaign?

Cloud: Be careful who you trust with your data.

Only a matter before the cloud crashes into reality.

killabanks

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
windows 8 is looking like another vista / ME more and more everyday... i tried the dev preview and man is the future bad ... how can you do this M$ come on.....

Lutfij

Titan
flash back to PSN hack and what sony had to do to recover it, dunno if they did. now i'll leave my passwords in your hands? noo thank you mr MS.

a cloud is what it is, a lofty idea in peoples minds. all in all unreachable.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
And for those of u worried about this...I mean let me ask you a question.... do you save your bank or stock trading PW on yr laptop or PC? Cause I sure as hell don't. I only save PWs for sites like Tom's where I would not lose sleep if they were hacked, nor would I imagine someone wanting to hack them.

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]And for those of u worried about this...I mean let me ask you a question.... do you save your bank or stock trading PW on yr laptop or PC? Cause I sure as hell don't. I only save PWs for sites like Tom's where I would not lose sleep if they were hacked, nor would I imagine someone wanting to hack them.[/citation]

Ever tried Trucrypt?

daygall

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
never going beyond vista\7 then, ever, i dont care if Microsoft KILLS the os installs, im keeping them, might was well learn software engineering and go back to 98.

cloud=bad
microsoft=stupid
microsoft+cloud= failx2stupidx3

KingArcher

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Everything has started to shift towards cloud lately.
We are like frogs put into a slowly boiling pot of water. Hope the majority of the masses realize this and wake up and say "NO" to "CLOUD - ONLY' services and make it OPTIONAL.

We, the people are giving away our privacy and rights slowly for the sake of convenience.

WAKE UP WORLD.

billcat479

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
I think it's more about Microsuck being more in control over their software and your hardware. It's a guess but I think they are more concerned about people running hacked copies than your privacy. If they don't have a home setup and force this cloud issue win 7 will be on my computer a very very verrrrrry long time. I hate this cloud crap. It will be hacked, there is no way they can stop a smart determined hacker.
Now I wish they would come out with a Win 7 patch for the new AMD 8 core cpus that win 8 shows (tested via beta versions) a 5 to 10% performance boost. That issue would be my only reason I would even come close to switching to win 8 but not if they force people to float around on Microsucks cloud. We all float here says Pennywise (or Billywise in this case) the clown before he rips your legs off and eats ya. Ouch. S. King should write about the evil Microsoft in his next book... LOL... With a Bill Gates looking monster that is under everyone's bed.. haha....
And I WILL run a hacked copy if they can get around this hurdle. Heck, I got both with Win 7 and prefer the hacked one over the real one because I'm always changing hardware and they like to give you problems if you keep re-installing a legit one. Isn't that a kick... Nope, I'm not going to be floating in Microsucks clouds for any reason. All about piracy and they don't care if they tie up bandwidth across the web doing it.
But I really want that extra performance for the new AMD cpu that win 8 opens up.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Oh boy, I wonder what Anonymous will be doing soon. Lets see. How many Windows users share the PC market versus other OSs? ...And what percentage of those just might eventually make up Windows 8 users?

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
The whole 'cloud' (which is just a new word for network server share system... The catch-phrase word of the decade... and I'm already tired of it...) and the push for it with W8 is the biggest thing keeping me from even thinking about using it. Let alone businesses. Obviously there has to be some sort of block to it cause internet file sharing is against most businesses security practices... And that's exactly what this would be... Plus I can see the first big lawsuit already... 'World sues Microsoft over privacy hack'... And you know if/when it happened, it wouldn't be no small settlement... Any lawyer who would take it is seeing dollar-signs... (another problem in the US, but another topic....)

Anyhow, point is, I'm going to stay with W7 until we can tear it down and be sure it's entirely local-only... Company isn't even past XP yet and they're already trying to sell W8. I don't say this too often, especially in the tech world, but they need to slow down; Seriously. They're charging too much and instead of the OS going for extended periods with service packs and such to keep it updated, they're rolling out entire new OSs to 'purchase'... And that's not even getting to the other problems of their 'new' and 'improved' gui which is horrid and useless for traditional controls... W8 should be called W7-Tablet or something... Even though you can turn a lot of that junk off, there isn't the old standard start-menu type control system to return to... it's just not there all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.