Creaky C

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
I have obtained a Toshiba Satellite 305CDS from the 1990s, and it no longer wants to boot. I tried installing Kid Pix Deluxe 3 from an original CD, and after a while the install just completely froze and the computer locked up. I, being an idiot, restarted the computer. Now it refuses to boot, however Safe Mode works completely fine. In Safe Mode I successfully uninstalled all of the software that I tried to install (Kid Pix Deluxe 3 and QuickTime), but when I try a regular boot, the computer freezes on a screen that says:
-
“Starting Windows 95 . . .

Panning Support Driver V1.4
(C) Copyright Toshiba Corporation 1997. All rights reserved.”
-
Is there any way to get this to boot properly, or am I going to have to reinstall Windows 95? I am not all too familiar with old Windows versions and I really do not want to have to reinstall 95 because I do not have all of the floppy disks needed, as well as any of the driver disks for the laptop. Thanks.

Last edited:
The Panning support driver is probably for the graphics chip, which apparently has been replaced or corrupted. Try going to the Device Manager and check what driver the Display adapter is using and uninstall than reinstall. If that does not solve your problem, I would download the grahics driver for your computer, https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1073769709 and install it.

Last edited: