windows activation in new pc

Waleedlanjri

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
hey guys i will sell my pc soon and i want to save this version of win 10 pro 64 bit retailand it's attached to my microsoft account,so am i going ti be able to activate windows 10 in the new computer by just connecting to my microsoft also i don't have a cd key because i updated from a win 7 and i also don't have this windows cd key anymore

Solution

1. You are selling the old PC with no OS license. Be sure the new owner realizes this.

2. Yes, linking the OS license to your microsoft account works.
When it fails to activate with the new hardware, you go through the Activation Troubleshooter.
It may take a couple of days to contact the activation server farm correctly, but it will, eventually.

3. Be sure you fully wipe the hard drive in...

USAFRet

Titan

1. You are selling the old PC with no OS license. Be sure the new owner realizes this.

2. Yes, linking the OS license to your microsoft account works.
When it fails to activate with the new hardware, you go through the Activation Troubleshooter.
It may take a couple of days to contact the activation server farm correctly, but it will, eventually.

3. Be sure you fully wipe the hard drive in the PC you are selling.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

1. You log on with your Microsoft account, and under Settings/Activation, it should tell you that it is linked to your MS account

2. If you're selling the PC, I would go with a full wipe with DBAN.. Completely wipe the drive so there is no trace of you left on it.

Waleedlanjri

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

it only says that windows is activated but when i typed a command in cmd its says that this windows is attached to my email

USAFRet

Titan

Then you're good.