Windows Activation message started popping up after a year or more

GFactor

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Hi,
I've had windows installed and activated for over a year now. I have checked my laptop and it advises that Windows has been activated. However I'm starting to get a Windows Activation message advising me that my version of Windows in not genuine (it is). It gives a link to click on (Resolve issue online), I click on this and get a message that my web browser is not standard (Opera) and gives me a Validate Now button. I have to download and run a file called 'ligitcheck.hta'. I get a couple of script errors, which I say 'yes' to continue anyway. It advises of "Windows Validation in progress', then I'm getting more script errors and then get a 'sorry, page not found' and 'try searching Microsoft Support'. Its a pain. Any help would be appreciated

USAFRet

Titan

Where did your Win 7 license come from?

GFactor

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Thanks for the suggestion USAFRet.

I have a disk and license key so not sure why I would need to download an ISO. It's more that I have nowhere to enter a license key. My laptop says i'm validated, so doesn't give me the option to enter a validation key (as far as I can tell). It's just that I'm getting this pop-up about my version of windows not being genuine and then I can't 'resolve' it because I keep coming up with a broken linked web page when I do try to resolve it.

Hope that makes sense.

USAFRet

Titan

If the laptop says it is Activated, what exact message are you seeing that it isn't valid?

Screenshots of both, if you please.
1 that says it is activated, and the other that says it isn't.

From the above steps, that was just a possible test to see if MS recognized that license as a valid license.

GFactor

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Also I don't know if it's relevant or not but for the last 3 months I have been unable to install the Windows Update listed below. After installation and a couple of restarts the laptop can't start and has to do a system restore before it will work again.

2018-05 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4103718)

Download size: 221.0 MB - 221.1 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/help/4103718

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/help/4103718

GFactor

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Yes, confusing.
I will add the screen shots, If I knew how!!! Have tried copying and pasting some screen shots, however doesn't seem to work. How do I include them?

GFactor

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Thanks for that. I think that's it. Let me know if you need more. I think I doubled up, newbie alert
154vh4k.jpg

33tqb5y.jpg

rs9d34.jpg

9hqfwh.jpg