Windows address book (WAB)

Could someone please tell me where the Windows address book file (containing
all my address info etc) is located. Can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway

The Address Book file is located in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Address Book

Go to Start > Run and type: "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\wab.exe"
and hit enter to launch Address Book.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

| Could someone please tell me where the Windows address book file (containing
| all my address info etc) is located. Can't seem to find it.
|
| Thanks.
|
| Bill Ridgeway

peter

If you were to click the Start button you would see an Item called "search"
by opening this and performing a search using ***.wab it would have guided you
to that file.
something to remember the next time you need to find a file.
peter

"peter" <peter@nomalarky.ca> wrote in message
> If you were to click the Start button you would see an Item called
> "search" by opening this and performing a search using ***.wab it
> would have guided you to that file.
> something to remember the next time you need to find a file.
> peter
> "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Could someone please tell me where the Windows address book file
>> (containing all my address info etc) is located. Can't seem to find
>> it.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Bill Ridgeway

You will probably have to set Search to include hidden files and folders.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Address Book: Help>About will reveal the location, Bill.

In WindowsXP, the OE user files (DBX and WAB) are by default marked as
hidden. To view these files in Explorer, you must enable Show Hidden Files
and Folders under Start>Control Panel>Folder Options>View.
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

Inside Outlook Express
http://www.insideoe.com

Bill Ridgeway wrote:
> Could someone please tell me where the Windows address book file
> (containing all my address info etc) is located. Can't seem to find it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill Ridgeway

pop

Frank,

***.wab? Please clairfy? I can see/find no difference between using ***.wab and *.wab. What am I missing?
TIA,

Pop

--
---
I may or may not know what I'm saying, but if I

peter

there is no difference.....its just an old habit
peter

--
---
I may or may not know what I'm saying, but if I
have nothing to say, that's what I say!

I never wrote anything about ***.wab

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"Pop" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Frank,
>
> ***.wab? Please clairfy? I can see/find no difference between using
> ***.wab and *.wab. What am I missing?
> TIA,
>
> Pop
>
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP wrote:
>> "peter" <peter@nomalarky.ca> wrote in message
>>> If you were to click the Start button you would see an Item called
>>> "search" by opening this and performing a search using ***.wab it
>>> would have guided you to that file.
>>> something to remember the next time you need to find a file.
>>> peter
>>> "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message

>> You will probably have to set Search to include hidden files and
>> folders.

peter

I did
peter