Windows Aero crashing and flickering mouse

striiker

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
So for Christmas i upgraded to a 1080p monitor and to a Radeon 7850 2gb. Instantly after doing this the computer would show a notification saying windows has detected system performance is low (or something along the lines) and in a minute or two would change from aero to plain. and mentions the memory limit has been exceeded (or something similar).

The main problem is that the cursor will now flicker. how can i solve this, the other system specs are 8gb ram and i5 3470. So there shouldnt be any performance error.

please help.

what the size of the power supply..it may be under size. also did you boot into safe mode with the old card and uninstall the old video drivers??

make sure if the video card has two power plugs there both connected. make sure you have the newest ati drivers installed and the monitors are connected to the ati card and not the mb. also make sure you have the newest mb chipset drivers installed. a gpu wont run right if the mb pci drivers are not installed. also make sure you have the video card in the top video pci slot neat the cpu.

striiker

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
It uses 1 power plug and is connected, the newest drivers are installed and its correctly plugged into the graphics card. Im not sure if the pci drivers exist?

Ga-Z77-D3H

The gpu runs, but windows aero crashes because of using too much memory to windows basic then the mouse flickers