Question Windows and BIOS dont recognize my ram but cpu z does

Jul 4, 2022
a few months ago i upgraded my old pc with 2 more gb of ram (4gb total now) and since them it seems really random if the pc decides to make all RAM work or just 2gb, a recent fix i found was removing and inserting again the bios battery, which fixed it for about 2 weeks but now its back, i have a suspicion that it might be windows writing something to the bios that makes it think it only has 2gb, seeing as everything works well when i removed and inserted the bios battery, is there a way to like keep windows from messing with my bios setting or something?

a few months ago i upgraded my old pc with 2 more gb of ram (4gb total now) and since them it seems really random if the pc decides to make all RAM work or just 2gb, a recent fix i found was removing and inserting again the bios battery, which fixed it for about 2 weeks but now its back, i have a suspicion that it might be windows writing something to the bios that makes it think it only has 2gb, seeing as everything works well when i removed and inserted the bios battery, is there a way to like keep windows from messing with my bios setting or something?
Replace the bios bat.....cheap test.

Jul 4, 2022
Replace the bios bat.....cheap test.
but if it was the bios battery, the time and date would be stuck behind wouldn't it? or maybe it is just partially bad? im gonna try buying a new one, are bios batt universal between all motherboards or is there a certain type for each one?

but if it was the bios battery, the time and date would be stuck behind wouldn't it? or maybe it is just partially bad? im gonna try buying a new one, are bios batt universal between all motherboards or is there a certain type for each one?
Remove the bios bat and read the label/type.
Set the bat aside.
Go to the store and buy an exact replacement.
Install new bat....test.