Commendable
May 24, 2016
Hi. Kinda scratching my head on this. My specs are:
LAPTOP
OS Windows 10 64-bit
Intel core i5 5200U (dual-core) @2.2 GHz
Nvida Geforce 940M
SSHD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ3KD0718&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Notebooks-_-9SIA0AJ3KD0718&gclid=Cj0KEQjw94-6BRDkk568hcyg3-YBEiQAnmuwkuZIJ0iq26AVkDl_AHvAYYe0H1WViKj5H1tDY-dYXHcaArPs8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

This pastebin link has all the info RAMMon dumped: http://pastebin.com/0e1fssuy

My specific problem is that I have an 8GB stick that came factory, and I had an old 4GB stick from my old laptop, which was a very similar Acer. I popped it into the available slot, but the BIOS nor Windows sees it or uses it. What I find strange is a program running in Windows can not only recognize it, but can read all the details perfectly. Not even Task Manager shows the new RAM total, it's still just using the factory default 8GB.
I'm assuming that it's not a bad stick since I used it for two years prior, and because of the fact that RAMMon can read it fine, I'm also assuming the slot is good too.

The first slot has the factory 8, the second slot has the added 4.

From what I see, the only differences are the amount of memory, DIMM slot #,(as they should be) SPD revision, (second slot is 1.2 instead of the 1st slot's 1.3), # of ranks where the second slot has 1 instead of 2.
For the Reference Raw Card Used, the first slot says Raw Card F Rev. 3, the second slot says Raw Card B Rev. 2.

Otherwise, everything looks the same.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help :)

Solution
I see your original 8 GB stick of RAM is DDR3L. Try manually setting your voltage to 1.5, then see if it's detected. If you can't change you voltage... sorry, it won't work.

EHKOS

Commendable
May 24, 2016

Yeah, my BIOS is locked down tight, no way of changing the voltage. Thanks for looking over the problem though, I appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS