Question windows and boxes will not fill

alertkl

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2012
have to reboot after i remove device from display device list- windows and boxes will not fill in and are empty- only outline shows. unless i hit the taskview button repeatedly.
what do you call the boxes and panes on the desktop?
they will be empty with only outline
i have asked this question before- no answers?
only cure is to remove device from the display devices list, and reboot.
only last until pc gets rebooted, then starts all over again

Colif

Win 11 Master
yeah, I have read question before and wasn't sure what you mean. So taskbar doesn't show? Screenshots would have helped you get an answer before now

need to take screenshots or photoes, upload to an image sharing website and show links here.

what are specs of the PC?

Normally its advisable to use a program like DDU that you run in safe mode to remove display adpater drivers and make sure windows at least uses its basic display drivers to boot into windows.

Last edited:

alertkl

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2012
can you post some screenshots showing what you are talking about. read your post twice and have no idea what you are referring to at all.

okay how do you do that, when i do a screen shot, the desktop immediately fills in the empty box- so the screen shot is correct
i took some pics of the desktop with my phone, but cant seem to find a way to add to post.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you need to upload the pics to something like imgur and then link those pics here using the "insert image" button next to the smiley's :)

i'm thinking this may be a device issue so could you also include a snapshot of device manager window so can see what that may be telling us.

thanks

alertkl

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2012
still not resolved....very frustrating
thought this was a video device driver issue, so i bought a new nvidea video card and installed- same problem- i have to remove device from the device menu and then restarts pc, then the boxes, panes, windows that are open with fill in completely.
help