Windows anniversary update ; BlackSOD and no feed back from my computer

onlythefreshness

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2015
I know everyone is having a lot of issues with the new update, I didn't know it rolled out till today. Where I'm at I cant have an isp so I occasionally use my hotspot on my phone to write on Google docs and when I did my computer must have downloaded the update and in the middle of my work restarted and updated.

Not only did the update take 5 years to finish, now I can't do a single thing on my PC. It takes forever to boot my OS.

The problem is that when I try to go into the control panel, the cursor shows the loading symbol and does that forever in till my screen saver kicks on and when I wake my computer from my screen savor my pc stays black. When I click the reset button on my pc it cycles the power but the screen stays black then my monitor acts like it has no signal.

Is there anything I can do or try to resolve or get around this issue to see if there is another update that has been released to resolve this issue?

My specs:
Mobo: ga-78mlt-usb3 v4
GPU: Sapphire r9 290 tri-oc
Cpu: FX-8120
RAM: ADATA 1800 (or something) low dim DDR3
PSU: 850W sentey 80plus Bronze

Colif

Win 11 Master
from the desktop, right click start menu
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour
restart PC after its finished

You should also try this in same window
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image

once it finishes, re run SFC /scannow

if these both finish with no errors, and PC is still slow, I would suggest a reset. You will lose all your applications and will need to reinstall them again... this will be hard to do without internet, easier to get someone else to fix it for you