Windows app save location will not change, and cannot take ownership of Windowsapps folder in SECONDARY drive

PinkDog

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
I used the following to change the app save location: "http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/how-change-your-default-save-locations-windows-10"

My computer shows that the drive location has changed to the D: location, yet the apps only go to the C: drive.

I used the following to take control of the WindowsApps folder: "https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/"

It worked for the folder on the C: drive, but it does not work for the secondary drive D:.

Any ideas?

Hello PinkDog

Can you please check if the secondary drive is not write-protected and that you have the Write permissions on it?

To check or to change the drive permissions, you can right-click the drive, click Properties, and then go to the Security tab from the drive's properties' box.

You can find the detailed information about the NTFS permissions here. This will help you pick the correct permissions for your drive.

Also, please make sure that you are signed in to Windows with an administrator account in order to access any system protected folder.

Feel free to reply back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

PinkDog

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015

Thanks for replying. I ran out of ideas, so I gave every account on the list full control. It's only a drive used for games, and I am the only one who uses the computer.

I have noticed that when I go back to the "default save location," the settings never actually change. For some reason, they revert back to local disk.

Mindkiller2

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014

I have followed the step in the link you have provided and when it tries to change the permission to write on the secondary drive, it gets to the windowsapp folder and says that access is denied yet again. Every angle I am coming at this folder it just denies. It still says SYSTEM as the owner even though I have change it in the properties tab and applied, but when I go to close out the tab, it says that it cant change the owner. I have even gone into windows safe mode and still I'm denied. This is driving me crazy as I hate not having control over the things in my computer. Any other suggested would be very appreciated! Thank you so much in advance!

TRENDING THREADS